Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 May 2007









The picture above shows the bud that grew on one of my garlic plants. Thanks to RobD of a plot too far who advised me to cut it off that is what I did just after I took this photo, strangely enough it smelt of garlic. The lettuce that had started bolting looked like they were trying to become trees and I have cut them down. My allotment neighbour has taken some to feed his tortoise and my mum, who is feeding her neighbours tortoises this week, has taken the rest. I have planted a lot of extra veg including sweetcorn, beetroot and pak-choi. I have been waiting for the carrots to start coming up that I planted a month ago but they don't seem to be doing anything. I haven't been up over the weekend as there has been so much rain and it has been very cold and windy but I went up today to see what the damage was. As expected there were loads of weeds. I did however pick some lettuce, radishes and a small courgette that I had with my tea. I also picked my first garlic which I got really exited about - that might be the highlight of my week. I am hoping that tomorrow will be a nice day so that I can get up to the allotment to get rid of the weeds and pick the rest of the garlic that is ready.

On Friday it was my nephew Jamie's 12th birthday
Happy Birthday Jamie




1 comment:

Ziggywigs said...

Great Blog, really enjoyed seeing your plot it looks great.